Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival!

Welcome to my post for the Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2012!



I'm sharing a quilt that I've posted about here before, one I made for my new baby boy earlier this year.

Wonky Stars Baby Quilt


I've seen many wonky star quilts on Flickr, and have wanted to make one for nearly as long as I've been quilting.  When it came time to make a quilt for the baby boy I was expecting, nearly immediately I decided on this design.

I was drawn to the aqua, gray and lime color scheme for his nursery, and decided to make the quilt to match.

The star blocks are 9" finished.  Each star block incorporates all three colors - aqua, lime, and gray - in some combination.  One color for the background fabric, one for the star fabric, and one for the thread used to quilt an outline around the star.

Wonky Stars baby quilt


I finished the quilt four days before my son was born this March, just in the nick of time!

I love how it turned out, and I am now taking a picture of my son on the quilt every month to document his growth.  I just know I'll look back on those photos someday and treasure not only watching him grown, but also documenting the quilt I made for him!

Wonky Stars baby quilt


Blogger's Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures: 36" x 45"
Special techniques used: wonky, improv piecing
Quilted by: me!
Best category: Baby quilt, Home Machine Quilted quilt

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Very sweet little baby quilt!

Anonymous said...

Cute quilt! Great colors!

tusen said...

Lovely quilt and great colour combination. Looks so soft and soothing.

Red Red Completely Red said...

Beautiful colours! i'm in love with wonky stars, too!