Thursday, June 7, 2012

In progress

I've got a few projects in progress right now.

First up, I'm almost finished with a quilt I posted about way back when.  I've got the quilting all finished, and today my goal is to sew on the binding.

Dream On quilt

I've already had a few false starts. I'm trying to machine sew the binding, following the tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts, but I'm having some trouble.  My walking foot doesn't have good visibility as far as keeping my stitches in the ditch, I keep wandering onto the binding fabric, and then having to tear it all out.  It's a bit frustrating but I'll keep persevering.

I've got another quilt in progress at the moment as well.  I'm following the Ruby, Pearl & Opal recipe from the Moda Bake Shop, using Basic Grey's Hello Luscious.

Quilt in Progress

I'm about halfway through the last piecing of the blocks, then it will be time to sew the blocks together into the completed top.  I should be picking this up again in the next few days.

And of course, I'm dreaming of new projects.  I've pulled this stack of beautiful navy and pink prints for a new quilt.

My next project

I love this color combo, it's inspired by this photo I saw on Flickr.  I'm thinking scrappy herringbone blocks, following this tutorial.  I don't know when I'll get started, but I'm itching to cut into these fabrics!

I've also got an urge to sew some bags.  I may let myself get distracted by that after I finish up the binding today. I think I need a quick project!

1 comment:

ThirdMargaret said...

That color stack just Sings! I cannot wait to see what it becomes!