Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dream On quilt finished!

I finally finished my Dream On quilt!

Dream On quilt - finished!

And I love it!  This quilt has been in the works forever. I started it at the beginning of last year, and of course soon became distracted by other projects.  These last few weeks, while winding down my maternity leave, I vowed that I would finish it before I returned to work! And I did! I just barely made it, finishing it late Thursday evening, and I go back to work on Monday.

It's about 52"x70", made from 4 charm packs of Dream On by Urban Chiks for Moda.  The background is Kona Ash, and the layout of offset diamonds was inspired by this quilt.  I had originally planned to arrange the half square triangles in large concentric diamonds (kind of like this) but as I set out to sew them together I changed my mind!

The backing is yardage of one of the prints from the Dream On collection.

Dream On quilt - back

The binding is a pink Kona from Joann's, I think it's just Pink (or maybe Baby Pink? I don't remember).  I quilted it with gray Gutermann thread, with a light pink Gutermann in the bobbin for the back, and for the machine stitching of the binding.

I love it! And this one is mine, all mine! Well, until my 4 year old daughter steals it from me--with every quilt, it's, "Ooh, mommy, is this one for me?"  If she asks, how can I resist? :)